- Follow the steps in this post from Joe Maller
http://joemaller.com/990/a-web-focused-git-workflow/Some key advantages of this setup:
– Pushing remote changes automatically updates the live site
– Server-based site edits won’t break history
– Simple, no special commit rules or requirements
– Works with existing sites, no need to redeploy or move files
- Don’t forget to make the hooks executable (chmod +x) !!
- A similar approach (but without a hook to pull changes on live website, I believe) is found here: http://mattbanks.me/wordpress-deployments-with-git/